mercredi 7 juin 2006

No more sighs from Ireland!

Almost a month in this country, but ... I don't know what is wrong. I have some problems to understand yet, but some times the worst is to express myself (how to say thing when you think in spanish).

Last Sunday was my birthday (I’m thirty, by God) and I went to Dublin for a walk. It was very sunny and even hot at noon, and I walked the both parts of the city. The Liffey river divides the city in two parts, one is very British (a lot of people says that isn't Ireland) and the other is more popular and Irish. Well, in the British one is the Trinity College, Grafton St (like Serrano St in Madrid), Saint Stephen Park (similar to Retiro), Christchurch (anglican), the Parliament and other interesting places like Temple Bar). In the other shore, there are a lot of shops in Henry St or O’Connell St, and some monuments two, like Four Courts.

Well, while I was walking, near to the tourist centre, I found a Spanish restaurant and do you know what is its name? Curiously, its name is Salamanca (life‘s causalities or not?) and they have a lot of typical Spanish plates and “tapas“ like Paella or Stew of Madrid. I was also in a second hand library but I didn’t find anything interesting.

In other ways, I’m fine in my job and I’m just moving to Lucan, nearer to my job. The tips are good some days and very helpful. I think it will be better in some ways (the room is bigger and food taster, I hope). The worst or the best is that I’m going to live with another Spanish, Jaime (he’s from Calahorra). He works with me in the Petrol Station in Lucan, and I treat to not speaking with him in Spanish, but some times I do it unconsciously.

And well, I’m adapting to this place and I’m trying to start new activities, like English classes.

Finally, I send you greetings from here, so cheerio!

6 commentaires:

Medio Pomelo a dit…

Hi Elgaine!!! How life has changed for you, what a surprise to find you in Dublin! Have to read the previous posts so that I understand what is going on. In the meanwhile, glad to find you, hope all is good, believe me, living abroad starts off as hell but will become the most interesting experience of your life.

All the best, keep up your English, Dora

Medio Pomelo a dit…

By the way... could you recommend a good blog that's written in Spanish? I have to keep up my castellano and I haven't found anything that was of interest to me. Something similar to what you used to write... what was it called... hmmm...oh yes, nueva dialectica.

Tomás a dit…

Felicidades campeón...

como dice Dora la vida fuera es jodida al comienzo, pero ya verás que, cuando vuelvas, echarás todo de menos...

un abrazo...

Anastasia a dit…

Bueno, aquí hay muchas cosas que echar de menos...y ya me encargaré yo cuando vuelva que ni se acuerde de Irlanda. :-)))

Saludos.

Medio Pomelo a dit…

Dios, que cosa... vosotros tres sois unas de las personas mas fijas en mi vida... Elgaine, Anastasia y Tomas siempre estais alli por donde os busco en el internet... Algun dia seria divertido conoceros de verdad! :)))

Anonyme a dit…

No estaria nada mal... (El autor)