vendredi 23 juin 2006

Good man yourself!

It’s a simple and extended expression to say good work or thanks, here in Ireland. Firstly, I thought it was a funny expression to seem stupid, but it is really used in a serious way.

In other ways, I can’t write anything new or relevant. I watch matches on TV , some films and soup operas, and read books and magazines in English and Spanish. I want to finish “The Historian” (E. Kostova) in order to start another book (the second part of “The Stone Shelters”, “The Valley of the Horses”) that I had started in Spain before. In the work, the same routine and I don’t go out because Jaime (the other housemate) and I haven’t got the compatible timetables (and I don’t want to go out alone because it’s a bit dangerous if you meet drunken-aggressive people).

Yesterday, we had a visit of a former housemate. Anna, from Germany, speaks English, French and Italian fluently (and German, of course), and she has returned to visit Agnes and Michael (the owners) and to see the enormous changes occurred during these years. Then, she will travel to Cork (a important city in the South) to meet with a German friend.

Well, I’m waiting e-letters and more comments (thanks to Anastasia, Loco and Dora). Today I’m going to do (or to try or to die trying) a Spanish Omelette (o sea, una tortilla de patatas con cebolla) for the match. Agnes is French and cooks decently (with olive oil!) but a Spanish Omelette is an Asiatic luxury in this Gastronomic Desert.

See you in a next post!

Elgaine de Balliers

5 commentaires:

Anastasia a dit…

jajajajajajaja, me hace mucha gracia eso de una tortilla de patata con cebolla.De todas formas, gracias por la aclaración de qué es una tortilla española, jejejejeje.

Medio Pomelo a dit…

Whatever the case is, you are turning into a bloody good poet, Elgaine!!! What's all this "Asiatic luxury in this Gastronomic Desert" nonsense about???? :)))) hihihi, excellent expression, will be using it from now on, good man yourself! ;o)

Anonyme a dit…

My little bear!!!

how're u doin' in Ireland? it looks finally quite exciting and it seems that u're improving quickly your English skills, ain't u? Have fun... good man yourself!!

Tomás a dit…

me parto contigo, tio...
menudo crack
como sabes he vuelto de sicilia (tenia envidia y me fui a otra isla!) y aquí estoy, leyendo tus aventuras en el curro, en plan "asiatic luxury", jajaja..

por cierto, tengo en mente abrir otro blog, muy diferente a "Loco...", o sea, menos personal. pero tengo que pensarlo todavía un poco más, te mantendré informado porque serán precisas aportaciones...

un abrazo..
Tomás aka Loco...

pd.- a ver si encuentras el oasis en ese desierto gastronómico irlandés..

Medio Pomelo a dit…

Mas noticias de Irlanda Por Favor!!!