dimanche 30 septembre 2007

It’s like to travel to another World.

Working at Lavapiés is different. We live now in Spain with a lot of people from almost everywhere but when you go to this place, you’re the foreigner. I think around 80% of our customers is from abroad (mostly Chinese, Bangladeshis and Moroccans) and much of them don’t speak Spanish (little or nothing). I remember when an old Chinese spoke to me in his language and I couldn’t understand a word and he saluted me with his fist next to his head (and you don’t know what to say him). It’s quite interesting how this “human zoo” behaves and for now, although the neighbourhood is a bit marginal it’s also peaceful.


These weeks has passed quickly. We have worked so much a lot of days mainly because sub-manager was on holidays. Tomorrow he’s back but only for one day because he’s going to be moved to another sub-branch, so we’re going to have a new one. The relationship with my partners is quite good although sometimes there’s so much stress during the busy moments of the morning. I am learning and remembering a lot of things, many of them practical (loans, checks, cards, payments, ATM's…) but the work is 90% the same. It’s ok for now and I don’t want to think anything about my future.

Elgaine de Balliers.

Aucun commentaire: