mardi 19 septembre 2006

Disrespectful behaviours.

What can I say about my Italian “neighbours”? This couple seemed strange (very filthy clothes) and conflictive (when we saw Fulvio’s face) but now we can say they are so cheeky. They have been taking food from the kitchen but they don’t pay anything for it. And even Cristiano has asked for money (instead of pay their rent). I am surprise and indignant with them because these behaviours are unacceptable. And yesterday, Michael (the father) was very angry with Fulvio because he broke two salt cellars and he left them broken in the table after they cooked something without saying anything about. He said to them a short but strong speech about respect and attitude and it surprised me because I have never seen him like that (and he’s very tall and strong and black belt in karate).

I don’t understand Fulvio’s attitude. He doesn’t have job because he doesn’t speak any word of English. And it’s very funny when he gave a CV for the Petrol Station and I read in the part of languages: “Italian fluently (mother language)”. I am not going to say anything more about his curriculum but, how does the employer hire him with these kind of nonsense? He wanted to save some money to go to Brasil and open some kind of bar or restaurant but the reality is that he will have to return to Italy if he doesn’t find a job here in the next week (like our friend Jesús, who was fired and he had to return to Spain).

Well and in the other hand, everything is ok in the job. Angel, a Chinese girl, who had a baby, has started to work again. It was a surprise. And yesterday it was so funny when I went to the supermarket because in the door I asked for a shopping car and the person that answered me was Spanish. We started to speak and so on, and when he explained me that he had a job interview in a Petrol Station I understood everything: he’s going to be my replacement. Pedro, from Barcelona, seemed nice and he told me that he wanted to stay 5 months (like me). I explained some things about the job, the neighbourhood (he live not so far from my house), Ireland, public transport, supermarkets… but I had to sum it up so much. He’ll have luck because I’ll learn it everything in Spanish, so it’s a big help in the first days. But he’s going to support the worst part of the Irish weather (a lot of rains, cold, wind…) and Mohammed (a Pakistani workmate) told me that the winter here is horrible.

And finally, I would want to write anything about the Temple Bar. The pubs in this neighbourhood of Dublin are very nice, with live music, a lot of people from a lot of countries (now mainly Spanish and Italian people) and a huge variety of beers. I can’t go so much but it’s likely the best attractive of Dublin, even The Penny Hill, next to my house, it’s a big and nice pub but it’s a normal pub for normal people where you can find the normal beers that normal people drinks, pub food, and where you can see matches of hurling, Gaelic football, rugby or soccer and on Sundays, a little orchestra plays music (this reminds me Benidorm or boring places for “guiris”).

Well, I’ll see you soon here, in Elgaine de Balliers.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Juanan, pronto te tenemos entre nosotros, lejos de esas pandas de "frikis" de los que estás rodeado en Irlanda. Te adjunto una página en la red que seguro que te va a gustar y te va a traer buenos recuerdos. Nos vemos

http://www.anseladams.com/

Anonyme a dit…

Que bueno...
Leer tu blog me recuerda a las cartas esas que escribía el tio de los Fraggle, contando las peripecias del exterior.
Me encanta.